Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Dear God

Dear God..

Today evening while walking towards home, I walked past the chicken shop. I always do. Because that is the route I always talk to go home.
But not anymore.
I will change my route from tomorrow.
There's another road, that I can take to go home without crossing that chicken shop.

The reason I cannot cross the chicken shop anymore is that I can no longer bear the death-screams of those poor birds.
Neither I have control over feeling bad about those screams of the birds being slaughtered mercilessly, nor I have control over not letting them get killed.

"Poor birds! (with an intentional grin) No way! ..It’s a part of food chain..and if someone does
not regulate chicken's count by eating them, one day it will play a havoc." My brother tried to convince me over the dinner table. Being a non-chicken eater, he himself was still rational and was supporting the fact that chickens are ought to be eaten.

True, there's a food chain. And it’s a universal fact.

Why did you make it so? Why did you make so called food chain, where one feeds on other by merciless killing.

When I see the innocent animals being slaughtered by humans. I always have this question “
Who gave them the right to do so?”

Why did you design the food chain like that.

Lets say there are distinct 5 species ((A, B, C,D,E) in this world (for an example. I am sure, there are countless species, but this is just for an example) Then there should have been 5 distinct food types in this world (A1, A2, A3, A4, A5) all in abundant form. You could have assigned a food of type A1 to A , B1 to B, C1 to C and so on.

Nobody eats nobody else’s food.
Nobody kills nobody.
Nobody rules nobody.
Everyone is content with their food and ultimately content with their life.

Life could have been simple then..

Why did you not design it this way?

Why did you let someone kill someone else?
Why did you create scarcity that someone is bound to kill someone else for survival?
And thereby maintain your so called ‘food chain’.


You sure could have had better ways to design the food chain. But you didn’t.
Don’t give me the crap..that because there’s misery in the world, people remember God.

At least I did not remember you in a good way, today evening while I walked past the chicken shop.

1 comment:

  1. Nice article, right from your heart.

    If we remove poultry farms then there won't be outbreak of number of chickens. So, there is demand and hence there is supply. If you curb the demant, supply will automatially go down.

    The natural food chain works on need basis. If you see, lions will hunt for deers only when they are hungry. At the same time, lions don't breed deers artificially for their needs. On the contrary, humans breed the chickens in poultry farms and then make a business out of it.

    Finally, welcome to the bloggers club.

    Jai Guru Dev!
    Sandeep (Pitamah)

    ReplyDelete